§ A message was brought from the Commons, that they concur with the Lords that it is expedient that a Joint Committee of Lords and Commons be appointed to consider and report on any draft Charities Bill presented to both Houses by a Minister of the Crown, and that the committee shall report on the draft Bill by 30 September 2004; and have ordered:
§ That a Select Committee of six honourable Members be appointed to join with the committee appointed by the Lords to consider any such draft Charities Bill.
§ That the committee shall have power—
- (i) to send for persons, papers and records;
- (ii) to sit notwithstanding any adjournment of the House;
- (iii) to report from time to time;
- (iv) to appoint specialist advisers;
- (v) to adjourn from place to place within the United Kingdom; and
§ That the quorum of the committee shall be two.
§ House adjourned at ten minutes past ten o'clock.