20 After Clause 36, insert the following new Clause—"
Review of decisions made by relevant authority
§ Regulations made by virtue of section 34, 35(2)(b) or 36(3)(b) must include provision
- requiring any decision of the relevant authority under section 34, 35 or 36 affecting the governing body of an institution to have effect in the first instance as a provisional decision,
- enabling the governing body of the institution to apply for a review of the provisional decision to a person, or panel of persons, appointed in accordance with the regulations—
- in relation to England, by the Secretary of State, or
- in relation to Wales, by the Assembly,
- enabling the Secretary of State or the Assembly to pay remuneration and allowances to any person so appointed,
- ixprescribing the grounds on which an application for the review of a provisional decision may be made, and
- requiring the relevant authority to reconsider its provisional decision having regard to any recommendation of the person or panel."
§ The Commons agree to this amendment with the following amendments—
§ 20A Line 3, after "section" insert "32,"
§ 20B Line 6. after "section" insert "32,"
§ Baroness Ashton of Upholland
My Lords, I beg to move that the House do agree with the Commons in their Amendments Nos. 20A and 20B to Lords Amendment No. 20.
Moved accordingly, and, on Question, Motion agreed to.