§ A message was brought from the Commons that they concur with this House that it is expedient that a 894 Joint Committee of Lords and Commons be appointed to consider and report on the draft Disability Discrimination Bill presented to both Houses on 3 December 2003 and that the committee should report on the draft Bill by the end of April 2004, and have ordered:
That a Select Committee of six Members be appointed to join with the committee appointed by the Lords to consider the draft Disability Discrimination Bill.
That the committee shall have power:
- (i)to send for persons, papers and records;
- (ii)to sit notwithstanding any adjournment of the House;
- (iii)to report from time to time;
- (iv)to appoint specialist advisers; and
- (v)to adjourn from place to place within the United Kingdom.
§ House adjourned at a quarter past six o'clock.