§ A message was brought from the Commons that they concur with the resolution of this House of 13th June relating to a Joint Committee to consider any draft Civil Contingencies Bill and that they have made the following orders:
That a Select Committee of 11 Members be appointed to join with any committee appointed by the Lords to consider any such draft Civil Contingencies Bill.
That the committee shall have power—
- (i) to send for persons, papers and records;
- (ii) to sit notwithstanding any adjournment of the House;
- (iii) to report form time to time;
- (iv) to appoint specialist advisers; and
- (v) to adjourn from place to place within the United Kingdom.