§ The Commons do not insist on their Amendment to which the Lords have disagreed, but propose the following Amendments to the Bill in lieu of that Amendment—
§ 21B Page 5, line 41, leave out paragraph (d)
§ 21C Page 16, line 17, leave out from "he" to end of line 21 and insert "may give the relevant licensing authority a notice to that effect"
§ 21D Page 19, line 22, leave out subsections (6) and (7)
§ 21E Page 27, line 31, at end insert "or"
§ 21F Page 27, line 33, leave out from "practitioner" to end of line 35
§ 21G Page 85? line 24, leave out "or"
21H Page 85, line 25, at end insert ", or
(e) a notice within section [Right of freeholder etc to he notified of licensing matters](1) (notice by freeholder etc conferring right to be notified of changes to licensing register)
21I Page 97, line 35, at end insert—
Rights of freeholders etc.
§ Right of freeholder etc. to be notified of licensing matters
§ (1) This section applies where—
- (a) a person with a property interest in any premises situated in the area of a licensing authority gives notice of his interest to that authority, and
- (b) the notice is in the prescribed form and accompanied by the prescribed fee.
§ (2) The notice has effect for a period of 12 months beginning with the day it is received by the licensing authority.
§ (3) If a change relating to the premises to which the notice relates is made to the register at a time when the notice has effect, the licensing authority must forthwith notify the person who gave the notice—
- (a) of the application, notice or other matter to which the change relates, and
- (b) of his right under section 9 to request a copy of the information contained in any entry in the register.
§ (4) For the purposes of this section a person has a property interest in premises if—
- (a) he has a legal interest in the premises as freeholder or leaseholder,
- (b) he is a legal mortgagee (within the meaning of the Law of Property Act 1925 (c. 20)) in respect of the premises,
- (c) he is in occupation of the premises, or
- (d) he has a prescribed interest in the premises.
§ (5) In this section—
- (a) a reference to premises situated in the area of a licensing authority includes a reference to premises partly so situated, and
- (b) "register" means the register kept under section 9 by the licensing authority mentioned in subsection (1)(a)."
§ Lord McIntosh of Haringey
My Lords, I beg to move that the House do agree with the Commons in their Amendments Nos. 21B to 21I en bloc in lieu of Commons Amendment No. 21, to which the Lords have disagreed.
These amendments were made in the Commons further to the undertaking that I gave in particular to the noble Baroness, Lady Buscombe, and the noble Lord, Lord Redesdale, in the House on 19th June. They were drawn up following consultation with those involved from the industry and they meet the concerns that they had in relation to the important issue of the registration of interests. I hope that the House will agree with the Commons in their Amendments Nos. 21 B to 211. I beg to move.
Moved, That the House do agree with the Commons in their Amendments Nos. 21B to 211 in lieu of Commons Amendment No. 21, to which the Lords have disagreed.—(Lord McIntosh of Haringey.)
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.