(1) If it appears to the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority—
the Authority may direct the awarding body to take or refrain from taking specified steps with a view to securing compliance with the conditions subject to which the accreditation has effect.
(2) It shall be the duty of the awarding body to comply with any direction under this section.
(3) Any direction under this section is enforceable, on the application of the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority—
Page 176, line 33, at end insert—
2B (1) Section 29 of the Education Act 1997 (c. 44) (functions of the Qualifications, Curriculum and Assessment Authority for Wales in relation to curriculum and assessment) is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (1) for the words from "with respect to" to the end there is substituted "with respect to—
(3) In subsection (2)—
(4) After subsection (2) there is inserted—
(2A) In subsection (2) references to the curriculum for a maintained nursery school include references to the curriculum for any funded nursery education provided as mentioned in subsection (I)(c); and references to assessment in schools include references to assessment in funded nursery education.
(5) Subsections (3) and (4) are omitted.
(6) At the end of subsection (5) there is inserted "; and "funded nursery education" has the meaning given by section 94 of the Education Act 2002".
Page 177, line 17, at end insert—
5 After section 32 of the Education Act 1997 (c. 44) there is inserted—