§ 2A.—(1) Section 73 (payment of expenses through election agent) shall be amended as follows.
(2) For subsection (1) there shall be substituted—
(1) Subject to subsection (5) below, no payment (of whatever nature) shall be made by—
§ (3) Subsection (4) shall be omitted.
(4) For subsection (5) there shall be substituted—
(5) This section does not apply to—
§ (5) In subsection (6)—
- (a) for "any payment, advance or deposit" there shall be substituted "any payment (of whatever nature)"; and
- (b) the words from ", or pays" to "as mentioned above," shall be omitted."
§ 2B.—(1) Section 74 (candidate's personal expenses, and petty expenses) shall be amended as follows.
§ (2) For the sidenote there shall be substituted "Expenses which may be paid otherwise than by election agent."
(3) After subsection (1A) there shall be inserted—
(1B) The candidate at an election may also pay any election expenses (other than expenses falling within subsection (1) above) which were incurred by him or on his behalf and in respect of which payment falls to be made before the date on which he appoints (or is deemed to have appointed) an election agent.
§ (4) In subsection (2), for "personal expenses paid as mentioned above" there shall be substituted "expenses paid as mentioned in subsection (1) or (1B) above".
(5) After subsection (4) there shall be inserted—
(5) Sections 78 and 79 below do not apply to expenses which, in accordance with any provision of this section, are paid otherwise than by the candidate's election agent.
§ 2C. After section 74 there shall be inserted—