§ 1. In this Part of this Schedule—
- "the 1998 Act" means the Registration of Political Parties Act 1998;
- "the appointed day" means the appointed day for the purposes of Part II of this Act;
- "the compliance period" means the period of six weeks beginning with the initial date;
- "emblem", in relation to a party, means an emblem to be used by the party on ballot papers;
- "the initial date" means the date falling 14 days after the day on which this Act is passed;
- "the new registers" means the Great Britain register and the Northern Ireland register.