§ 3.—(1) This paragraph applies to any party registered under the 1998 Act on the initial date.
§ (2) The party must within the compliance period send to the Commission—
- (a) a copy of the party's constitution (within the meaning of section 23); and
- (b) a draft of the scheme which the party proposes, to adopt for the purposes of section 23 if approved by the Commission under that section;
§ (3) The party must also within the compliance period give a notification to the Commission under this sub-paragraph.
§ (4) A notification under sub-paragraph (3) must—
- (a) give the name and home address of a person to be registered under Part II of this Act as the party's treasurer; and
- (b) be signed by the person registered under the 1998 Act as leader or nominating officer of the party and by the proposed registered treasurer mentioned in paragraph (a).
§ (5) Where the party would on registration under Part II of this Act be a party with accounting units, a notification under subparagraph (3) must also give in relation to each accounting unit—
- (a) the name of the accounting unit and of its treasurer, and
- (b) the address of its headquarters or, if it has no headquarters, an address to which communications to the accounting unit may be sent.
§ (6) A notification under sub-paragraph (3) may be signed by the same person in his capacity as registered leader or nominating officer and in his capacity as proposed registered treasurer, but in that case it must be apparent from the notification that he is signing it in both of those capacities.
§ (7) Where the party sends the Commission a declaration falling within section 25(1A)(a), the provisions of sub-paragraphs (2) to (6) shall be read as applying separately in relation to—
- (a) the party to be registered in the Great Britain register, and
- (b) the party to be registered in the Northern Ireland register.