.—(1) The Nature Conservancy Council for England shall be known instead as English Nature.
(2) For any reference to the Nature Conservancy Council for England—
there is substituted, as respects any time after the commencement of subsection (1), a reference to English Nature.
- (a) in any provision of a local Act or subordinate legislation, or
- (b) in any other instrument or document,
(3) Any reference to English Nature in this Act (apart from this section), or in any instrument under this Act, shall be construed, in relation to any time before the commencement of subsection (1), as a reference to the Nature Conservancy Council for England.
(4) Schedule (Amendments consequential on change of name of Nature Conservancy Council for England) (which makes amendments consequential on subsection (1)) has effect.").
§ On Question, amendment agreed to.
Lord Renton of Mount Harry moved Amendment No. 453:
Before Clause 66, insert the following new clause—