.In section 94(1) of the Social Work (Scotland) Act 1968 (interpretation)—
(a) at the appropriate place there is inserted—
"community rehabilitation order" has the meaning given by section 38 of the Criminal Justice and Court Services Act 2000",.
(b) for the definition of "probation order" there is substituted—
§ Page 64, line 30, at end insert—
§ (".—(1) Schedule 3 (approved schools and other institutions) is amended as follows.1662
§ (3) In paragraph 9—
- (a) in sub-paragraph (2)—
- (i) for "either" there is substituted "any",
- (ii) in paragraph (a), "or" is omitted,
- (iii) after paragraph (b) there is inserted—
- "(c) section 3 of the Criminal Justice and Court Services Act 2000 (functions of the Secretary of State);
- (d) section 5 of that Act (functions of local boards); or
- (e) section 9 of that Act (approved bail hostels, etc.)."
- (b) for sub-paragraph (4)(b) there is substituted—
§ "(b) the amount which in his opinion represents the proportion of the contributions paid by local authorities under section 90 of the Act of 1933 or (as the case may be) the proportion of the sums paid by—
- (i) probation committees under rules made under the Probation Service Act 1993,
- (ii) the Secretary of State under section 3 or 9 of the Criminal Justice and Court Services Act 2000, and
- (iii) local boards under section 5 of that Act, which (in either case) should be treated as having been paid on account of expenditure of a capital nature in connection with the former approved institution;"
§ Page 64, leave out lines 40 to 42.
§ Page 64, line 42, at end insert—