§ (" .—(1) Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Education and Training in Wales—
- (a) shall advise the National Assembly for Wales on request about matters relating to services provided in pursuance of section (Provision of services)(1),
- (b) may give the National Assembly other advice about those matters,
- (c) shall, when requested to do so by the National Assembly, inspect and report on the provision of those services, and
- (d) may undertake such other inspections of the provision of those services as he thinks fit.
§ (2) The National Assembly shall consult the Chief Inspector before making a request under subsection (1)(a) or (c).
§ (3) A request under subsection (1)(c)—
- (a) may be general or in relation to specific matters,
- (b) may relate to a specific person or institution providing services, or to a specific class of person or institution, and
- (c) may relate to a specific area.
§ (4) A reference in subsection (1) to the provision of services includes a reference to the management and use of resources in providing services.")
§ 160 Insert the following new clause—