§ 43 Clause 58, leave out Clause 58.
§ The Commons disagreed to Amendment No. 43 but proposed the following amendments to the words so restored to the Bill—
§ 43A Page 66, line 27, leave out from ("(1)") to end of line 42 and insert ("Where—
- (a) a person is entitled to incapacity benefit in respect of any period of a week or part of a week,
- (b) a pension payment is payable to him in respect of that period (or a period which forms part of that period or includes that period or part of it), and
- (c) the amount of that payment (or, as the case may be, the amount which in accordance with regulations is to be taken as payable to him by way of pension payments in respect of that period) exceeds the threshold,
§ (1A) In subsection (1) above "the threshold" means—
- (a) if the period in question is a week, £85 or such greater amount as may be prescribed; or
- (b) if that period is not a week, such proportion of the amount mentioned in paragraph (a) as falls to be calculated in accordance with regulations on such basis as may be prescribed.
§ (1B) Regulations may secure that a person of any prescribed description does not suffer any reduction under subsection (1) in any amount of incapacity benefit to which he is entitled.
(2) Regulations may provide—
( ) for sums of any specified description to be disregarded for the purposes of this section;").
§ 43B Page 67, line 1, after ("for") insert ("the aggregation of').
43C Page 67, line 3, after ("payable)") insert ("in respect of the same or different periods;
( ) for such sums or aggregate sums")