§ 43 Clause 58, leave out Clause 58.
The Commons disagreed to this amendment but proposed the following amendments to the words so restored to the Bill—
43A Page 66, line 27, leave out from ("(1)") to end of line 42 and insert ("Where—
(1A) In subsection (1) above "the threshold" means—
- (a) if the period in question is a week, £85 or such greater amount as may be prescribed; or
- (b) if that period is not a week, such proportion of the amount mentioned in paragraph (a) as falls to be calculated in accordance with regulations on such basis as may be prescribed.
(1B) Regulations may secure that a person of any prescribed description does not suffer any reduction under subsection (1) in any amount of incapacity benefit to which he is entitled.
(2) Regulations may provide—
- ( ) for sums of any specified description to be disregarded for the purposes of this section;").
43B Page 67, line 1, after ("for") insert ("the aggregation of").
43C Page 67, line 3, after ("payable)") insert ("in respect of the same or different periods;
- ( ) for such sums or aggregate sums").
§ Lord Ashley of Stoke rose to move, That this House—
- (a) do not insist on their Amendment No. 43 to which the Commons have disagreed,
- (b) do agree with the Commons in their Amendments Nos. 43B and 43C to the words so restored to the Bill, and
- (c) do agree with the Commons in their Amendment Nos. 43A to the words so restored to the Bill with the following amendments—
43E Line 12, leave out ("50 per cent.") and insert ("the standard rate percentage of income tax")
43F Line 15, leave out ("£85") and insert ("the level of the Disability Income Guarantee")
§ 6.42 p.m.
§ The noble Lord said: My Lords, I beg to move.
§ Moved, That this House do not insist on their Amendment No. 43 to which the Commons have disagreed, do agree with the Commons in their Amendments Nos. 43B and 43C to the words so restored to the Bill, and do agree with the Commons in their Amendment No. 43A to the words so restored to the Bill with the proposed amendments.—(Lord Ashley of Stoke.)
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.