§ (".-(1) For subsection (1) of section 149 of the Social Security Administration (Northern Ireland) Act 1992 (Social Security Advisory Committee) substitute—
§ "(1) The Department may from time to time—
- (a) refer to the Social Security Advisory Committee for consideration and advice such questions relating to the operation of any of the relevant enactments as the Department thinks fit (including questions as to the advisability of amending any of them);
- (b) refer to the Industrial Injuries Advisory Council for consideration and advice such questions as the Department thinks fit relating to industrial injuries benefit or its administration."
§ (2) After subsection (2) of that section insert—
§ "(2A) Subject—
- (a) to subsection (3) below; and
- (b) to section 150 below,
§ (3) At the end of subsection (3) of that section insert "; and subsection (2A) above does not apply to the regulations specified in Schedule 5A to this Act".
§ (4) After that subsection insert—
§ "(3A) The Industrial Injuries Advisory Council may also give advice to the Department on any other matter relating to industrial injuries benefit or its administration."
§ (5) In subsections (1), (2) and (5) of section 150 of that Act (cases in which consultation not required), after "the Committee", in each place, insert "or the Council".
§ (6) In subsection (3) of that section—
- (a) after "the Committee", in the first place, insert "or the Council"; and
- (b) after "the Committee has made its report" insert "or, as the case may be, the Council has given its advice";
(7) In subsection (6) of that section, after the definition of "the Committee" insert—
"the Council" means the Industrial Injuries Advisory Council;".
§ (8) After Schedule 5 to that Act insert—