§ 1.—(1) In this Schedule—
- "RPA" means the Resale Prices Act 1976;
- "RTPA" means the Restrictive Trade Practices Act 1976;
- "continuing proceedings" has the meaning given by paragraph 15;
- "the Court" means the Restrictive Practices Court;
- "enactment date" means the date on which this Act is passed;
- "Director" means the Director General of Fair Trading;
- "document" includes information recorded in any form;
- "information" includes estimates and forecasts;
- "interim period" means the period beginning on the enactment date and ending immediately before the starting date;
- "prescribed" means prescribed by an order made by the Secretary of State;
- "regulator" means any person mentioned in paragraphs (a) to (g) of paragraph 1 of Schedule 10;
- "starting date" means the date on which section 2 comes into force;
- "transitional period" means the transitional period provided for in Chapters III and IV of Part IV of this Schedule.
§ (2) Sections 31, 45, 51, 53, 55, 56, 57 and 59(2) and (3) and paragraph 12 of Schedule 9 ("the applied provisions") apply for the purposes of this Schedule as they apply for the purposes of Part I of this Act.
§ (3) Section 2(5) applies for the purposes of any provisions of this Schedule which are concerned with the operation of the Chapter I prohibition as it applies for the purposes of Part I of this Act.
§ (4) In relation to any of the matters in respect of which a regulator may exercise powers as a result of paragraph 35(l), the applied provisions are to have effect as if references to the Director included references to the regulator.1393
§ (5) The fact that to a limited extent the Chapter I prohibition does not apply to an agreement because a transitional period is provided by virtue of this Schedule does not require those provisions of the agreement in respect of which there is a transitional period to be disregarded when considering whether the agreement infringes the prohibition for other reasons.
§ General power to make transitional provision and savings
§ 2.—(1) Nothing in this Schedule affects the power of the Secretary of State under section 74 to make transitional provisions or savings.
§ (2) An order under that section may modify any provision made by this Schedule.
§ Advice and information
§ 3.—(1) The Director may publish advice and information explaining provisions of this Schedule to persons who are likely to be affected by them.
§ (2) Any advice or information published by the Director under this paragraph is to be published in such form and manner as he considers appropriate.