§ 30 Clause 16, page 9, line 30, leave out ("a school") and insert—
- ("(a) a relevant school, or
- (b) in such circumstances as may be prescribed, an independent school.").
§ 31 Page 9, line 33, at end insert—
- ("(aa) as to periods of employment which are to count towards the induction period;
- (ab) precluding a person from serving more than one induction period except in any prescribed circumstances;
- (ac) precluding a relevant school, in such circumstances as may be prescribed, from being one at which an induction period may be served:").
§ 32 Page 9, line 40, leave out from ("decide") to end of line 43 and insert ("whether a person—
- (i) has achieved those standards and has accordingly satisfactorily completed his induction period, or
- (ii) should have his induction period extended by such period as may be determined by the appropriate body, or
- (iii) has failed satisfactorily to complete his induction period;").
§ 33 Page 9, line 45, leave out ("on the matters referred to in paragraph (d)") and insert ("as to whether a person has achieved the standards mentioned in paragraph (c)").
§ 34 Page 10, leave out lines 1 and 2.
§ 35 Page 10, line 5, at end insert—
- ("(h) requiring the employer of a person employed as a teacher at a relevant school to secure—
- (i) the termination of that person's employment as a teacher, or
- (ii) that he only undertakes such teaching duties as may be determined in accordance with the regulations,
- (i) authorising or requiring the appropriate body to exercise such other functions as may be prescribed (which may include functions with respect to the provision of assistance to schools or of training for teachers);
- (j) authorising the appropriate body in such circumstances as may be prescribed to make such reasonable charges in connection with the exercise of its functions under the regulations as it may determine;
- (k) requiring any person or body exercising any prescribed function under the regulations to have regard to any guidance given from time to time by the Secretary of State as to the exercise of that function.").
36 Page 10, line 9, at end insert—
("(3A) Regulations under this section shall include provision conferring on a person aggrieved by a decision under subsection (2)(d) a right to appeal against the decision to one of the following, namely—
§ (3B) Regulations made in pursuance of subsection (3A) may make provision for, or for the determination in accordance with the regulations of, such matters relating to such appeals as the Secretary of State considers necessary or expedient.").
§ 37 Page 10, line 10, after second ("body") insert ("(including a local education authority)").
§ 38 Page 10, line 11, after ("by") insert (", or determined by the Secretary of State in accordance with.").
§ 39 Page 10, line 11, at end insert ("; and such regulations may provide for an appropriate body which is not a local education authority to include a representative of such an authority.").
40 Page 10, line 15, at end insert—
("(5A) Regulations may provide for references to "eligible expenditure" in section 484 of the Education Act 1996 (education standards grants) to include such expenditure incurred by local education authorities in consequence of any regulations made by virtue of subsection (1) or (2) as may be prescribed.").
41 Page 10, line 15, at end insert—
("(5B) Where, in accordance with a requirement imposed by virtue of subsection (2)(h)(ii), a teacher employed at a school maintained by a local education authority—
§ Nothing in this subsection applies to a maintained school at any time when the school does not have a delegated budget.").
42 Page 10, leave out lines 17 to 19 and insert—
("(aa) any reference to a school's budget share or to its not having a delegated budget has the same meaning as in Part II of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998, and").
§ 43 Page 10, line 20, leave out first ("schools") and insert (""relevant schools"").
§ Lord Whitty
My Lords, I beg to move that the House do agree with the Commons in their Amendments Nos. 30 to 45.
Moved, That the House do agree with the Commons in their Amendments Nos. 30 to 45.—(Lord Whitty.)
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.