§ 34 Clause 50, page 40, line 24, leave out ("triable only on indictment") and insert ("to which subsection (6) below applies").
35 Page 40, line 27, at end insert—
("(6) This subsection applies to an offence if it is triable only on indictment, or is an offence—
- (a) for which the accused has elected to be tried by a jury;
- (b) which a magistrates' court has decided is more suitable to be so tried; or
- (c) in respect of which a notice of transfer has been given under section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act 1987 or section 53 of the Criminal Justice Act 1991.").
36 Page 40, line 27, at end insert—
("( ) Details of the following for any year, namely—
- (a) the criteria applied by the Director in determining whether to designate persons under this section;
- (b) the training undergone by persons so designated; and
- (c) any general instructions given by the Director under subsection (4) above,
§ Lord Williams of Mostyn
My Lords, I beg to move that the House do agree with the Commons in their Amendments Nos. 34, 35 and 36.
§ Moved, That the House do agree with the Commons in their Amendment No. 34, 35 and 36.—(Lord Williams of Mostyn.)
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.