§ 94 Clause 101, page 84, line 5, after (" 57(7)") insert (", 69(2)(b)(ii)").
95 Clause 103, page 85, line 26, at end insert—
("( ) In relation to any time before the commencement of section 69 above, section 1B of the 1982 Act (special provision for offenders under 18) shall have effect as if—
- (a) in subsection (4), immediately before the words "a total term" there were inserted the words "a term or (in the case of an offender to whom subsection (6) below applies)";
- (b) in subsection (5)—
- (i) immediately before the words "total term" there were inserted the words "term or (as the case may be)"; and
- (ii) for the words "the term" there were substituted the word "it"; and
- (c) for subsection (6) there were substituted the following subsection—
§ "(6) This subsection applies to an offender sentenced to two or more terms of detention in a young offender institution which are consecutive or wholly or partly concurrent if—
- (a) the sentences were passed on the same occasion; or
- (b) where they were passed on different occasions, the offender has not been released under Part II of the Criminal Justice Act 1991 at any time during the period beginning with the first and ending with the last of those occasions;
§ Lord Hardie
I beg to move that the House do agree with the Commons in their Amendments Nos. 94 and 95.
§ Moved, That the House do agree with the Commons in their Amendments Nos. 94 and 95.—(Lord Hardie.)
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.