§ The Chairman of Committees (Lord Aberdare)
My Lords, I beg to move that the 3rd Report from the Select Committee on House of Lords offices be agreed to.
Moved, That the 3rd Report from the Select Committee be agreed to (HL Paper 81).—(The Chairman of Committees.)
§ Following is the report referred to:
§ 1. Sub-Committees
§ The Committee approved the appointments of Lord Graham of Edmonton to the Administration, Finance and Refreshment Department Sub-Committees and the Marquess of Cholmondeley to the Works of Art Sub-Committee.
§ 2. Refreshment Department
§ A report from the Sub-Committee was made to the Committee.
§ The Committee approved a statement of Accounts for the financial year 1989–90 (H.L. Paper 73).
§ 3. Staff of the House
§ A report from the Staff of the House Sub-Committee was made to the Committee who agreed to:—
- (a) the replacement of a Personal Secretary post in the Public Bill Office by an Executive Officer post with effect from 4th June 1990;
- (b) the upgrading of one post of Personal Secretary to the Clerk Assistant to Senior Personal Secretary with effect from 1st August 1990;
- (c) the temporary appointment of one additional Clerical Officer, the temporary upgrading of one Executive Officer to Higher Executive Officer, and one Senior Clerical Officer to Executive Officer, and the extension of the special allowance payable to a Higher Executive Officer for a further period of 12 months during the introduction of a computer in the Accountant's Office; and
- (d) the extension of the two temporary posts of Committee Specialist Assistant for a further period of one year.
§ The Committee also agreed that the temporary additional Assistant Librarian post in the Library should be made permanent.
§ 4. Parliament Office
§ The Committee were informed of the promotion of Mr. T. V. Mohan to Senior Clerk.
§ 5. Library
§ A report from the Library Sub-Committee for 1989 was laid before the Committee.
§ 6. Revised Scales of Pay and Allowances
§ The Committee confirmed the application of the following civil service memoranda to staff of the House of Lords:—
- (a) DEO letter dated 23rd February 1989 (Personal Pay Points for Lawyers).
- (b) CM/914 (Pay of Senior Open Structure).
- (c) CM/919 (Pay of Administrative Staff below Grade 7 and Proficiency Allowances)
- (d) CM/923 (Responsibility Allowances).
- (e) CM/927 (Pay of Clerks at AT and HEO(D) level and Legal Officers).
§ 7. Hansard Reporting Staff
§ The Committee authorised revised scales of charges for the supply of agency word processor operators.
§ 8. House of Lords Fees
§ The Committee approved a revision in the scale of charges for photocopying.154
§ 9. Superannuation
§ The Committee were notified of the following awards made under the House of Lords Staff Pension Scheme:—
- (a) Pension and lump sum to Mrs. J. Gilbane, Cleaner, who retired on 14th April 1990.
- (b) Pension and lump sum to Mrs. G. R. Roberts, Cleaner, who retired on ill-health grounds on 23rd April 1990.
- (c) Pension and lump sum to Mr. J. Ryder, Head Cleaner, who retired on 19th May 1990.
- (d) Pension and lump sum to Mrs. J. C. Seamon, Senior Clerical Officer, who retired on ill-health grounds on 1st June 1990.
- (e) Pension and lump sum to Mrs. B. Howlett, Cleaner, who retired on 16th June 1990.
- (f) Pension and lump sum to Mr. W. Grant, Executive Officer, who retired on 24th June 1990.
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.