§ The Chairman of Committees (Lord Aberdare)
My Lords, I beg to move the Motion standing in my name on the Order Paper.
- (1) That the promoters of every Private Bill which shall have been introduced into or presented to this House in the present Session of Parliament, shall have leave to introduce or present the same in the next Session of Parliament provided that notice of their intention to do so be lodged in the Private Bill Office not later than Noon on the last sitting day of the present Session; and provided that all fees due by them thereon, up to that period, be paid;
- (2) That a list of all such Bills, with a statement of the stages at which they shall have arrived, shall be prepared in the Private Bill Office, and printed;
- (3) That every such Bill shall be deposited in the Private Bill Office not later than Three o'clock on or before the third day on which the House shall sit after the next meeting of Parliament for business other than judicial business, with a declaration annexed thereto, signed by the agent, stating that the Bill is the same in every respect as the Bill at the last stage of the proceedings thereon in this House in the present Session;
- (4) That the proceedings on any such Bill shall, in the next Session of Parliament, be pro forma only in regard to every stage through which the same shall have passed in the present Session, and that no new fees be charged in regard to such stages;
- (5) That the Standing Orders by which the proceedings on Bills are regulated shall not apply to any Private Bill which shall have originated in this House in the present Session, in regard to any of the stages through which the same shall have passed;
- (6) That no petitioners shall be heard in the next Session before the Committee on any Bill
725 introduced in the present Session unless their petition shall have been presented within the time limited in the present Session;
- (7) That an Instruction to a Committee on any Bill in the present Session be an Instruction to the Committee on that Bill in the next Session.—(The Chairman of Committees.)
§ On Question, Motion agreed to, and it was ordered that a message be sent to the Commons to acquaint them therewith.