§ 30 After Schedule 4, insert the following new schedule—
§ "PROCEEDINGS EXCLUDED FROM SCHEDULE 4
§ Proceedings under the Companies Acts
§ 1. Proceedings for the winding up of a company under the Companies Act 1948 or the Companies Act (Northern Ireland) 1960, or proceedings relating to a company as respects which jurisdiction is conferred on the court having winding up jurisdiction under either of those Acts.
§ Patents, trade marks, designs and similar rights
§ 2. Proceedings concerned with the registration or validity of patents, trade marks, designs or other similar rights required to be deposited or registered.
§ Appeals etc. from tribunals
§ 4. Proceedings on appeal from, or for review of, decisions of tribunals.183
§ Maintenance and similar payments to local and other public authorities
§ 5. Proceedings for, or otherwise relating to, an order under any of the following provisions—
- (a) section 47 or 51 of the Child Care Act 1980, section 80 of the Social Work (Scotland) Act 1968 or section 156 of the Children and Young Persons Act (Northern Ireland) 1968 (contributions in respect of children in care, etc.);
- (b) section 49 or 50 of the Child Care Act 1980, section 81 of the Social Work (Scotland) Act 1968 or section 159 of the Children and Young Persons Act (Northern Ireland) 1968 (applications for, or for variation of, affiliation orders in respect of children in care, etc.);
- (c) section 43 of the National Assistance Act 1948, section 18 of the Supplementary Benefits Act 1976, Article 101 of the Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1972 or Article 23 of the Supplementary Benefits (Northern Ireland) Order 1977 (recovery of cost of assistance or benefit from person liable to maintain the assisted person);
- (d) section 44 of the National Assistance Act 1948, section 19 of the Supplementary Benefits Act 1976, Article 102 of the Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1972 or Article 24 of the Supplementary Benefits (Northern Ireland) Order 1977 (applications for, or for variation of, affiliation orders in respect of children for whom assistance or benefit provided).
§ Proceedings under certain conventions, etc.
§ 6. Proceedings brought in any court in pursuance of—
- (a) any statutory provision which, in the case of any convention to which Article 57 applies (conventions relating to specific matters which override the general rules in the 1968 Convention), implements the convention or makes provision with respect to jurisdiction in any field to which the convention relates; and
- (b) any rule of law so far as it has the effect of implementing any such convention.
§ Certain Admiralty proceedings in Scotland
§ 7. Proceedings in Scotland in an Admiralty cause where the jurisdiction of the Court of Session or, as the case may be, of the sheriff is based on arrestment in rem or ad fundandam jurisdictionem of a ship, cargo or freight.
§ Register of aircraft mortgages
§ 8. Proceedings for the rectification of the Register of Aircraft Mortgages kept by the Civil Aviation Authority.
§ The Lord Chancellor
My Lords, I beg to move that this House doth agree with the Commons in their Amendment No. 30. This is consequential on No. 1.
§ Moved, That this House doth agree with the Commons in the said amendment.—(The Lord Chancellor.)
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.