§ 11.33 a.m.
§ Lord ABERDARE
My Lords, I beg to move that the Second Report from the Select Committee be agreed to.
§ Moved, That the Second Report from the Select Committee be agreed to.—(Lord Aberdare.)
§ The Report was as follows:
§ 1. PARLIAMENT OFFICE
§ The Committee approved a regrading of the post of Examiner of Acts.
§ 2. REVISED SCALES OF PAY AND ALLOWANCES
§ The Committee approved a revision in the pay of the Chairman and Principal Deputy Chairman of Committees.2161
§ The Committee also confirmed the application of the following Civil Service Memoranda:—
- (a) CM/370—Pay of the Higher Civil Service.
- (b) CM/371—Proficiency Allowances.
- (c) GM/173—Fees to Academic Consultants, etc.
§ 3. OFFICIAL SHORTHAND WRITER
§ The Committee approved an increase in the scale of fees for the Official Shorthand Writer.
§ 4. HANSARD REPORTING STAFF
§ The Committee authorised
- (a) revised charges for the supply of typists for the reporting of debates; and
- (b) revised attendance fees to temporary reporters.
§ 5. SUPERANNUATION
§ The Committee were notified of the following awards:—
- (a) Short service gratuity to Mrs. G. Robertson, Senior Personal Secretary, who resigned on 11th May 1979;
- (b) Short service gratuity to Mr. R. T. Searle, Clerical Officer, who resigned on 2nd March 1979.
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.