§ The DEPUTY SPEAKER (Lord Aberdare)
My Lords, I have to notify the House, in accordance with the Royal Assent Act 1967, that the Queen has signified her Royal Assent to the following Acts:
- Consolidated Fund (No. 2) Act,
- European Communities (Greek Accession) Act,
- Isle of Man Act,
- Shipbuilding Act,
- Zimbabwe Act,
- Stirling District Council Order Confirmation Act,
- Dumbarton District Council Order Confirmation Act,
- Greater Glasgow Passenger Transport Order Confirmation Act,
- Kilmarnock and Loudoun District Council Order Confirmation Act,
- Scots Episcopal Fund Order Confirmation Act,
- University College London Act,
- Greater London Council (General Powers) Act,
- City of London (Various Powers) Act.
§ Lord DENHAM
My Lords, with the leave of the House, perhaps I might take this opportunity of wishing noble Lords opposite and, indeed, the whole House and the staff who serve us so well a happy Christmas and an enjoyable and relaxing Recess.
§ Lord WELLS-PESTELL
My Lords, we are grateful to the noble Lord the Government Chief Whip for what he has just said. I have been asked by my friends on this side of the House to convey to every one of your Lordships our hope that the coming year will have many good things in store for us, not least among them the ending of the Government's responsibility for government. If I may conclude on a brighter note, we wish you all the joys and the message associated with Christmas itself.