§ [No. 64.]
§ Schedule 5, page 112, line 30, at end insert—
§ 'In section 178, as originally enacted, for the word "Ministry" where it twice occurs substitute the words "Lord Chancellor".
§ In Schedule 2—
- (a) in paragraph 1(2) for the words "Governor" substitute the words "Lord Chancellor";
- (b) in paragraphs 1(3) and 8 for the word "Ministry" wherever it occurs substitute the words "Lord Chancellor";
- (c) at the end of paragraph 1(4) add the words "by regulations made under paragraph 8";
- (d) in paragraph 2(2) for the words from "who" to the end substitute the words "who has taken the said oaths after a previous appointment as a member of any such panel or who has taken the said oaths as required by section 7 of the Magistrates Courts Act (Northern Ireland) 1964";
- (e) in paragraph 6 for the words "The Ministry may pay" substitute the words "The Lord Chancellor may, out of money provided by the Parliament of the United Kingdom, pay" and for the words from "Ministry may determine" to the end substitute the words "Lord Chancellor may, with the approval of the Minister for the Civil Service, determine";
- (f) at the end of paragraph 8 add—
- "(d) be subject to annulment in pursuance of a resolution of either House of Parliament in like manner as a statutory instrument and section 5 of the Statutory Instrument Act 1946 shall apply accordingly".'
§ Lord MELCHETT
My Lords, I beg to move that this House doth agree with the Commons in their Amendment No. 64. 283 I should like at the same time to speak to Amendments Nos. 92, 93 and 94. These Amendments recognise that the responsibility for the holding of juvenile courts contained in Schedule 2 will transfer to the noble and learned Lord the Lord Chancellor.
§ Moved, That this House doth agree with the Commons in the said Amendment.—(Lord Melchett.)