§ [Nos. 25 to 55]
§ Page 21, line 2, leave out from ("and") to ("an") in line 3 and insert ("employee representatives")
§ The Commons disagreed to this Amendment hut proposed the following amendments in lieu:
§ Page 21, line 2, leave out ('a") and insert ("the authorised").
§ After Clause 22, insert the following new clause—
§ Meaning of representative and authorised representative.
(" —(1)In this Part of this Act—
" authorised representative" means a representative of a relevant trade union to whom the company or companies concerned give—
§ " representative" means an official or other person who is authorised by a relevant trade union to carry on negotiations about one or more of the matters specified in section 29(1) of the Trade Union and Labour Relations Act 1974.
§ (2) If an authorised representative—
- (a) ceases to be a representative of the relevant trade union of which he is the authorised representative, or
- (b) gives the company or companies concerned notice that he desires to be discharged from acting as authorised representative of that union, or
- (c) ceases for any other reason to be available to act as that union's authorised representative,
- (i) to give another representative of the relevant trade union notice that he is to be the authorised representative of that union, and
- (ii) to give the Minister a notice requesting him to insert the name of the new representative in the list of authorised representatives in place of that of the old representative.")