§ The CHAIRMAN of COMMITTEES (The Earl of Listowel)
My Lords, I beg to move that the Third Report from the Select Committee be now considered.
§ Moved accordingly and, on Question, Motion agreed to.
§ The Committee's Report was as follows:
§ 1. LORDS' ATTENDANCES
§ The Committee considered whether or not the sessional record of Lords' attendances should be regularly published. They are of the opinion that the printing of this record would not be justified. But they see no reason to place any restriction upon the information contained in the record being made freely available on demand.
§ 2. PARLIAMENT OFFICE AND LIBRARY
§ The Clerk of the Parliaments informed the Committee of a review of certain Office Assistant posts in the Parliament Office. The Committee authorised the revised rates of pay consequent upon the revised grading.
§ The Committee also sanctioned a special payment to an Office Assistant in the Library for extra duties.
§ 3. REVISED SCALES OF PAY
§ The Committee sanctioned the application of the following Establishment Circulars:—
- (i) D.E.O. (69) (Conditions of Service) No. 4. dated 18th April 1969—Revision of Allowances
- (ii) D.E.O. (69) (Pay) No. 1, dated 25th June 1969—Central Pay Increase 1969
§ 4. HANSARD REPORTING STAFF
§ The Committee authorised the payment of an increased charge under the agreement with Haynes Secretarial Services for the supply of typists for the reporting of Debates.
§ 5. SUPERANNUATION
- (a) Death Gratuity to the legal personal representative of the late Ernest Alfred John Colmer, Chief Office Assistant, who died on 4th June 1969 and a Widow's and Child's pension.
- (b) Pension and Additional Allowance to Mr. Thomas Eric Webster, Attendant, who retires on the 25th October, 1969.
- (c) Gratuity to Mrs, Henrietta Grace Ward, Housemaid, on her resignation on the 26th July 1969.
§ Moved, That the Report be agreed to.—(The Earl of Listowel.)
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.