§ THE CHAIRMAN OF COMMITTEES (THE EARL OF LISTOWEL)
My Lords, I beg to move that the Second Report be now considered.
§ Moved accordingly and, on Question, Motion agreed to.
§ The Committee's Report was as follows:
§ 1. LIBRARY
§ The Report from the Library Sub-Committee for the year 1967 and two recommendations were laid before the Committee and agreed to.
§ 2. ADMINISTRATION
§ The Committee agreed in principle to the installation in due course of an automatic Telephone System to replace the manual system now in use.
§ 3. PARLIAMENT OFFICE
§ The Clerk of the Parliaments informed the Committee of the appointment of Mr. Clive Anthony John Mitchell as a Clerk in the Parliament Office from March 11, 1968.
§ 4. REVISED SCALES OF PAY
§ The Committee sanctioned the application of the following Establishment Circulars:—
- (a) D.E.O. (67) (Pay) No. 30—London Weighting;
- (b) D.E.O. (67) (Pay) No. 31—Central Pay increase (low paid staff) 1967;
- (c) D.E.O. (68) (Pay) No. 1—Typing Grades—Revised Scales of Pay and Proficiency Allowances;
- (d) D.E.O. (68) (Pay) No. 2—Personal Secretary Class—Revised Scales of Pay;
§ 5. DOORKEEPERS
§ The Clerk of the Parliaments informed the Committee of a re-arrangement within the grade of Doorkeepers. The Committee authorised the scales of pay consequent upon the revised grading.
§ 6. SUPPLEMENTARY ESTIMATE 1967–68.
§ The Committee approved the presentation of a Supplementary Estimate for the year 1967–68.
§ 7. SUPERANNUATION AWARDS
- (a) Death Gratuity to legal personal representative of the late Douglas Rupert Woolnough, Doorkeeper, who died on February 17, 1968.
- (b) Gratuity to Mrs. Mary Maher, Housemaid, on her retirement on December 15. 1967.
§ 8. HANSARD REPORTING STAFF
§ The Committee authorised the payment of Attendance fees to temporary Reporters when the House of Lords sits after 10.30 p.m. with effect from February 29, 1968.
§ 9. NIGHT DUTY ALLOWANCE
§ The Committee authorised the payment of night duty allowances to eligible members of the staff of the House of Lords with effect from February 29, 1968, on occasions when the House sits after 12.30 a.m.
§ Moved, That the Report be agreed to.—(The Earl of Listowel.)
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.