THE CHAIRMAN OF COMMITTEES (LORD BALFOUR OF BURLEIGH)
My Lords, there are six Bills down for Second Reading by Order to-day, but I am obliged to ask your Lordships to postpone the first five of them—
These are all Bills which are affected by Standing Order No. 89, which provides that a report from the Attorney-General must come in before the Bills are read a second time. The promoters are anxious to get on as quickly as possible and we have had the Bills down more than once for Second Reading, but we cannot get the report from the Attorney-General. I am therefore obliged to ask your Lord- 152 ships to again postpone the Second Reading of these Bills. We hope to have the report soon. The only Bill which I propose to move to-day is the last on the list—Lloyds Bill.
- Rhymney Valley Water Board Bill. [H.L.]
- Manchester Corporation Bill. [H.L.]
- Merthyr Tydfil Corporation Water Bill. [H.L.]
- Saint Mary Prestwich Rectory Bill. [H.L.]
- Saint Mary Radcliffe Rectory Bill. [H.L.]