§ (1.) Upon requisition to the effect made in writing by no fewer than five householders within the district of a local authority not being the local authority of a burgh, the local authority shall be bound to meet, after twenty-one clear days' notice, and shall, whether sewers or drains have been already constructed or not, consider the propriety of—
- (a) Forming part of their district into a special drainage district; or
- (b) enlarging or limiting the boundaries of a special drainage district; or
- (c) combining a special drainage district with another special drainage district; or
- (d) enlarging or limiting the boundaries of both or either of such special drainage districts and combining the same or parts thereof; or
- (e) determining that any special drainage district shall cease to exist as a special drainage district, or that any such combination shall cease,
§ (2.) The order of the sheriff shall determine all questions regarding the payment of any debt which may affect any special drainage district, and the right to impose, and the obligation to pay, any assessment affected by his determination, and shall fix the date at which such determination shall take effect.
§ (3.) Where a district committee is the local authority, notwithstanding the provisions of section seventeen, sub-section two, sub-head (c) of the Local Government (Scotland) Act, 1889, it shall not be competent to appeal to the County Council against any resolution of the district committee under this section.
§ *LORD BALFOUR moved after "and the production of such newspaper" to insert the words "or handbill."
§ Amendment agreed to; clause as amended, ordered to stand part of the Bill.
§ Clause 131,—