§ LORD WANTAGE moved for a Return showing—
- "1. The number of soldiers throughout the Kingdom who have been appointed to the established service in the Post Office since 1892, specifying the number appointed in each quarter of the years 1892 and 1893, and in the first quarter of the present year;
- 2. The number of soldiers similarly appointed to unestablished situations in London, specifying how many per quarter, as in Return No. 1.;
- 3. The number of men other than soldiers similarly appointed during the same period;
- 4. The number of soldiers and of civilians dismissed during the whole period;
- 5. The number of men from among those specified as soldiers who belong to the Reserve."
§ LORD PLAYFAIR
There is no objection on the part of the Government to grant the Return in the form asked for by the noble Lord.
§ Motion agreed to.