§ 81. Sir JAMES REMNANT
asked the Minister of Agriculture what companies are included in the London United Dairies Company (milk combine); and how much of London's milk supply is directly controlled by it?
The MINISTER of AGRICULTURE (Sir Arthur Boscawen)
With my hon. Friend's permission I will have the reply 1338 to the first part of the question set out in the OFFICIAL EEPOET. With regard to the second part, no official statistics are available which afford the information desired.
§ Mr. RENDALL
Has the right hon. Gentleman made any effort to get the United Dairies Company to meet the Farmers' Union?
§ Following is the answer to the first part of the question:
§ I am informed that United Dairies, Limited, has a controlling interest in the following companies:
- Aylesbury Dairy Company, Limited.
- Alliance Dairy Company, Limited.
- Great Western & Metropolitan Dairies, Limited.
- R. Higgs & Sons, Dairies, Limited.
- Morrison & Fleets' Dairies, Limited.
- Salisbury, Semley, and Gillingham Dairies, Limited, now known as "United Dairies (Wholesale), Limited."
- Welford & Sons, Limited.
- Welford's Surrey Dairies, Limited.
- West London Dairy Company, Limited.
- Wilts United Dairies, Limited.
§ (During 1920–21 the subsidiary companies consolidated their London wholesale milk business under the name "London Wholesale Dairies, Limited," and that of the provincial creameries under the name "United Dairies (Wholesale), Limited.")