HC Deb 16 March 1922 vol 151 c2376

asked the Financial Secretary to the Treasury how much space the Imperial Institute is being invited to surrender to enable the Imperial War Museum to find the necessary minimum of accommodation in that building; whether any space would be available to compensate the Imperial Institute in whole or in part for the space surrendered; what is the percentage of loss of space the Institute would suffer; and what would be the saving of cost to the nation?

Lieut.-Colonel Sir J. GILMOUR (for the First Commissioner of Works)

No decision on the proposal to house the Imperial Institute has yet been reached, and it is not possible at the present moment to give the detailed information asked for by the hon. Member. I hope, however, to be able to make an announcement shortly.